Thursday, March 4, 2010

Francine Rivers!


Okay, i need to stop for a moment to tell you how amazing Francine River's writing is. I started reading her books when Matt and I first got married. The book was Redeeming Love, and let me tell you---it was WONDErFUL! I have also read And the Shofar Blew, some of the Mark of the Lion series, the Scarlet Thread...etc. BUT this habit of reading can be a bit expensive. SO...i found myself at the Kearney Public Library! It was amazing, they have a bunch of her books that I haven't read, so I am super excited to take them, one at time (free of charge...yes!!) and read them. The first one I have checked out is Leota's Garden. My mom told me that this one is good, so i figured I would take a swing at it...seeing as I haven't read one that isn't good! Anyways, my advice to you, is... go to the library! I cant wait for Caleb to get a little bit older, so that he can enjoy it as much as i did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! I want to bite Caleb's chubby legs!! He is ADORABLE!! Great post Mer, wish you'd post more! =)

Redeeming Love is the 1st F. Rivers book I read, and it's still my favorite. Both Adam and I have read all of her books, save for this latest series she's been doing on different characters in the Bible... can't get into them for some reason.

Adam would expect me to embarrass him on the internet, so here goes. =) I read the Scarlet Thread and then handed it off to him. He called me from work and told me he finished it, and what did I think of it. I told him I liked it a lot, but the ending was tied a little to neatly in a bow for me... Crickets... "Adam?" He was trying to catch his voice... he was BAWLING!! "I-I- liked it... it got to me..." LOL!

Love you all. Big XOXOXO to Caleb from us! ~ Andrea

The Svoboda's said...

hahahaha! that is SO funny! i know, i should post more...and i am trying:) we miss you guys so much, and read your blog as frequently as you post! --your babies are so adorable! I keep telling matt that im ready to have another--he says, 'maybe in 2 years'. we'll see who wins!