Friday, December 12, 2008

35 Weeks, 5 Days--Growing at a Rapid Pace!

Today I had the first of my weekly appointments! I will go in every week now until baby Caleb arrives!! This means his time to shine is drawing near--quickly! The appointment went great! My blood pressure was still a bit high, so shes keeping me at 25-30 hrs a week of work--and the rest is to be spent resting! I measured perfect for 35 weeks, his heartbeat was strong, and he was still in the right position! I am not dilated at all--so she thinks that Caleb will come right around his due date(hopefully)!
We've slowly been preparing for his arrival, with our last walmart orders of sheets and changing pad covers on their way!! We've stocked up a little bit on diapers, but didnt want to get too many, since we arent sure how big or small he's going to be! I also packed his bag for the hospital, but have yet to pack mine! I went to the store and purchased some items that I was told I should have, but still have not put them all together! I keep thinking I have all this time, but really--it's less than a month away! Sleeping has become increasingly difficult as I continue to get bigger--and my energy is slowly decreasing-- I find myself getting into bed earlier and earlier each night!!! Matt is doing great-he cooked us breakfast dinner last night, which was delicious! He loves his job at the bank--and is almost done with his first semester at Liberty!! We will register soon for next semester!! We're hoping that he will be done with classes and have his degree by next December. We are so excited to start applying to ministry positions, and see where the Lord leads us! He has also picked up an extra-curricular activity...basketball, which he is thoroughly enjoying!!
I'm not sure when I'll be back to blog--maybe after my next appointment on the 19th(thats Ashley's birthday, by the way)!!
We love all of you sooo much--thank you for being a part of our lives and checking in with how we're doing:) We hope this has helped all of you stay up-to-date with our lives! Here's some pics of the belly, and an idea of what Caleb is doing in there:)
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look marvelous darling...Love Momma

The Fuller Family said...

Wow...Mer the time is flying by...I have loved being pregnant at the same time as you and I love being able to talk babies everyday with you. You and Matt are going to be wonderful parents! Love you sis!

Sarah Toma said...

I love you and I can't wait to meet little Caleb when I get back!!! You are looking beautiful :) Love you Mer!!
~Sarah