Tuesday, December 2, 2008

34 Weeks!

Well...it's been an interesting past couple of weeks! I had a doctors appointment last Monday and found out that I have high blood pressure...so they put me on half days bed rest, which isnt very fun! They also did a bunch of blood work and tested my urine a lot, but there was no sign of escaping protein, so I'm clear of what they call preeclampsia! I go tomorrow for another doctors appointment--so we're hoping to hear that me and Caleb are healthy and doing well!
We both had a great thanksgiving, although it was spent apart--I was in Pittsburgh, and Matt had to stay here and work:( It was nice to see all of my family, and just relax for a couple of days! Matt spent Thanksgiving with the Fitzgibbon family, and of course he enjoyed all of the delicious food!!
Yesterday was our one year anniversary! I was greeted on Saturday with a beautiful heart necklace, and received flowers at work! We also took advantage of our Points at national city by getting a giftcard to Outback, and were able to treat ourselves to a nice anniversary dinner! (delicious)
We received Calebs glider on Saturday (thanks Al and Marie) and put it together!! It looks great in the room and is very comfy! We were also able to purchase a lot of necessary items at Babies R Us and Walmart with our many giftcards that we received from both showers! Thanks everyone :) Now all we have to do is stock up on diapers:)
We're getting pretty anxious about Calebs arrival!!!--and can't wait for everyone to meet him! Here's whats going on with Caleb, and here are a few pictures!! Love you all
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which he'll need to regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look great!! The nursery is adorable too! Happy 1 year anniversary!

The Fuller Family said...

Mer- It looks like ya'll are all ready for Caleb but we pray that he arrives only when God is ready for him to be here (which He already knows when that that will be). Around this time in my first pregnancy I kept my mind on the verses in 1 Cor. that "love is patient" and I know that you love Caleb so much already and I know that it's hard to be patient when your due date is just around the corner, but trust me sis it's worth it. You and Matt are going to be amazing parents! We love you both!