Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Nook!

I had my Spring Break this week and decided to focus on one thing...the nook! Usually I try to cross lots of items off of my to-do list but figured since I'll be done with school in 8 weeks, that I should try and just relax! Here is the before-before picture of the nook...(before we moved in)

Yes, it is super ugly and the color is MUCH brighter in person. The first thing I did when we moved in was paint it a dark blue to match the rest of the downstairs! We put the desk there because we didn't have anywhere else to put it. Now that the boys share a room, we were able to move all of this upstairs! Here is what it looked like before we moved everything...


Then came the dilemma...what are we going to to with this space?! I searched pinterest for solutions but didn't really find anything that I loved. I knew I wanted an old buffet to put in the space so I started searching craigslist. I finally found one for $200 and made my co-worker drive into the ghetto of Nashville to retrieve it with me:) 


Isn't it SO BEAUTIFUL?!?! It was love at first sight. I plan to paint it white when I have a little more time...but for now I think it looks just fine. I finally had time to decorate the area while my classes were on break! Here is what I ended with...






I love it so much! It turned out so much better than I expected. I purchased the prints off of Etsy from here and here. The frames are from Home Goods and Goodwill and the chalkboard is from Kirklands. I purchased a large bulletin board from Target and covered it in fabric to make it look totally awesome! This is probably my new favorite place in our home. I can't wait to get the buffet painted so it can be totally finished :)

No comments: